background

Friday, June 8, 2012

Waiting....

Waiting for news that the court decree has been released....yeah I know it has been more than 3 weeks since court.  Finally heard yesterday that the decree would be released today...still haven't heard that it has been released.  However, we are planning the pickup trip.  A family friend is being amazing and giving us his "buddy passes".  This is awesome, because instead of paying over $1700 per ticket we will be paying around $700 per ticket.  Yes, I know I'm really lucky that I'm getting these tickets.  It also means that we will be spending some extra time in Europe.  We are talking about spending a few days sight seeing in Rome and then a few extra days in Bulgaria.  Thought it would be nice for Maria to see some more of her country before leaving.  Oh, and we will most likely get to fly first class....this could be a lot of fun.

The only thing that makes me sad it that it will be just over 6 months between trips...that is just too long.  Especially for an older child who understands the process and time.  Hopefully the extra waiting won't be an issue for Maria.  I will still have about a month and a half of summer vacation left for bonding time and to help with learning English.  I'm also disappointed I won't get to see everyone at the Bulgarian Adoptee's reunion this year.  I know I had such a great time last year and really wanted Maria to meet everyone this year.  Oh well, next year will have to do and it will be here before I know it.

I'm also going to run to Chicago for a few days next week....completely last minute.  I get to take care of my honorary niece and nephews for a few days while their mom finishes up working at the Montessori school that the kids went to this past year.  So, I get to hang out with an 11 year old, 9 year old, 7 year old and 4 year old....this could be a lot of fun, although I'm wondering if I'm slightly nuts for taking care of them a week prior to the pick up trip.  Oh well, at least it will keep me busy and they are AMAZING kids. 

Well, that is the only news for now...nothing is completely 100% on travel until the Bulgarian agency has the decree.  Hopefully will know that by the end of the day.  Until then here is a picture of one of my newest projects that little miss Emilia will be sporting next year :)
Knitted bodice attached to cotton material skirt

5 comments:

  1. Emilia is one lucky girl to have a talented and generous friend like Ms. Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to be in Chicago, there's a couple of Bulgarian food stores in Des Plaines just north of OHare and a great Bulgarian restaurant in Schiller Park just south of OHare. Our Bulgarian princess loves going to these places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will actually be in the Elgin/Gilbert area. Thanks for letting me know...might not do it this time but another time. Taking 4 kids out to lunch or dinner can be expensive!

      Delete
  3. That is so cute!! Time will pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to go 1st class!!!
    Dora Beth

    ReplyDelete