background

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Final day in Rome

Ok, I must say I'm not a good international traveler. I have no idea how you are suppose to beat jet lag...nothing is working for me at all. I woke up at 2am and was unable to fall back to sleep. So, going on little sleep right now. Due to that and the crazy heat here...we didn't do much today. We walked down to the Trevi Fountain...took lots of pictures. It was amazing to see. Too bad there were so many people there. I think we might try to go back so I can get some night pictures of it too. I'm completely loving my new camera and the pictures it is taking are beautiful!

On a more serious note, I have been thinking a lot of my friends back in Chicago. On Sunday I learned that a college friend lost his wife to cancer...I went to college with both of these amazing people. I can't imagine how Mike is dealing with this loss right now. I know he has lots of friends and family supporting him. He posted today that he and his wife had their last flight today to O'Hare....she will be laid to rest near where she grew up. I know the next few days are going to be hard for my friend's and they are very close to my heart and thoughts right now. I keep thinking about the song "Live like you are dying". How we all need to really embrace life....I can say Ruth had a very full life where she embraced others and new experiences as often as possible. She will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment