background

Sunday, July 29, 2012

SB Picnic

Just posted a YouTube video of Maria figuring out that she can kick a soccer ball.  We went to the Spina Bifida Association picnic yesterday.  It was fun getting to meet people and see the kids have lots of fun.  The kids got to participate in events.  Maria got a medal for her soccer skills!  I was one proud momma watching her figure out how to kick the ball!  She made lots of new friends and tried some new things.  All the kids were amazing and so willing to try everything.  At one point Maria saw the other 11 year old girl running and I could just see the wheels turning in her head, thinking how can I do that too.
Maria hanging out with some new friends.  She really liked these two girls (one is also 11 and the other is older)

Maria bouncing a bad-mitten birdie

Getting her medal

That face says it all!  It was a great day!
This morning at church I was noticing that Maria is walking a lot faster than she was.  I commented to my friend about it and she agreed.  When Maria knows where she is going and is sure of the surface she is walking on, she is getting there faster!  Her gait even seems to be improving some to me....can't wait for the PT to see her in almost 2 weeks.

On a disappointing note, the family that was shown Z decided that they were not his family.  I'm sadden by this, but also understand that if they were not sure they should not proceed.  I believe there is a family out there for Z and J.  I hope that with the help of some pretty amazing people we will be able to help these boys find families.  If you are interested in either of them or know someone who might be, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment