background

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Zack

Today (Bulgarian time) is Zack's 12th birthday. I have no idea how he is celebrating it, even if he is celebrating it. I know at his old doma they had a little party and got some gifts. I know some of the staff would do Maria's nails and other girly things on her birthday. But I don't know what is happening right now for Zack and to be honest it is a little heartbreaking to me. I wish he knew that a family wants him and is working on getting him home. So, right before Christmas Maria reminded me about Zack's birthday. I ended up contacting the NGO working on his file and asked about getting him a gift. Well, it just so happens that a family will be at Zack's doma the week of January 7 and they are willing to take him a gift from us! We got him a Lego set and a photo album filled with pictures of Maria since the last time he saw her. I hope to send more pictures when his new family is ready to travel on their first trip.

This weekend I was also blessed by the foundation founder sending me several photos of Maria and Zack from right before I picked her up in June. I quickly shared these photos with Zack's waiting family and Shelley who helped to find them. I also thought I would share a couple with you.

 

Now, Maria has been told that she needs to wait before dating...mom just isn't ready for that stage of life yet!

Happy Birthday Zack. I hope and pray it is a good day for you and that the small gift you get in a few weeks will brighten your day and remind you that we do love you. Waiting anxiously for the day you and Maria are together again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment