background

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. Today marks 6 months out of the orphanage for Maria! Yesterday, we stayed all day with my parents. We watched a couple movies, made cookies and treats, had a visit with my grandparents and went to Christmas Eve service at my parents' church. Lots of fun.



Maria hanging out yesterday morning....wishing her cousins would come soon!

I found this red sweater for Maria on clearance at Target. Love it....just was surprised by how grown up she looked in it. I think she is going to be quite the beauty as she continues to grow up.

Maria gets a kick out of the animals....this would be one of my parents' cats....a very gentle giant.

We did have a surprise by my niece spending the night last night. She was too tired to go to 11pm  mass with her dad. This morning Maria got to have pancakes and watch a Christmas movie with her cousin while we waited for my brother and nephew to arrive. Then onto the opening of gifts. Maria had fun with everything.

Stocking time!

Yes, she finally got a bike helmet. Her uncle is very much into bikes and wanted her to have one of the best helmets out there.

Her gift from the cats...it was 100% black Pippin themed.

Playing with some of the American Girl things she got.

Overall we had a nice day. We are spending a quite night at home and will be working on multiplication facts....ongoing item of contention in our house. I say she has to learn them, she would rather avoid them. Off to make an easy dinner. Hope everyone had a nice holiday with their family too. So happy that this year Maria is with me!



1 comment:

  1. HAPPY Maria is with you too! (As is the American Girl Doll Store ;) - it looks like someone/ones had fun shopping for her Christmas presents :) ) ~ Dora Beth
    P.S. Wow! It's been over a year since returning w' you from Bulgaria... SO many things have happened this year! And so many things to look forward too :)

    ReplyDelete