background

Monday, December 17, 2012

A year

One year ago today my good friend and fellow adoptive mom, Dora Beth and I boarded a plane out of O'Hare and started the long journey to Bulgaria to meet Maria.  It was a whirlwind week full of lots of emotions and experiences.  Glad I had an amazing friend with me on the journey who could understand what was going on.

Everyone always is asking how Maria is doing with her English or at school.  So, I decided to film her reading tonight.  Now, just know this is a first time read....we had never read this book before.  I think she is doing pretty good considering her age and that she has been home just over 5 months.

2 comments:

  1. I was so honored to do this! You stood up for me on BIG day in our lives (our marriage). I was MORE than happy to be with you on a BIG day in your life! Now to get our little guy home!!! (This process takes WAY TOO LONG!!!)
    Dora Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like she's on her way! My two are just over four years home with children adopted at 5 1/2 and 4 and reading/academics has really taken a while. It just now finally no longer slows them down much in school....and its been such a blessing to watch them grow along the way.

    Any updates on Zack....and that similar trip for his new family?

    ReplyDelete