background

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Last year on November 22nd it was 2 days before Thanksgiving.  I was frustrated and very discouraged with the adoption process.  I had hoped and prayed that I would have been in Bulgaria to meet Maria by her birthday....but it didn't happen.  It seemed like every time I accomplished a step another requirement was being heaped onto me with the process.  Finally on the evening of the 22nd I got the call....I had travel dates for the week before Christmas.  I wasn't over the moon, like I though I would be.  I was just drained and had no way to know that this would be minor compared to the other hoops and frustration I would go through until I was able to get her home. 

Maria's first Thanksgiving!
Today I was so thankful that Maria was finally home to celebrate with us.  She is truly loved in our family.  It was a long and hard journey at times....there are things I wish would have happened differently, but in the end the most important thing is that Maria is home.  So, for those of you in the process....yes, it is hard, there are times you will want to give up, there will be times when you cry, you will feel emotions more intensely than you can imagine and one day you will realize why it is all worth it and it will be behind you.  You will not forget the harshness of the process, but you will realize that you have fought harder for this child than most will ever realize.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to sharing about our new addition in next year's Christmas letter :) and maybe we'll hear about your next plans to add to your family by next Christmas ;)
    ~ Dora Beth

    P.S. Still praying for a Christmas miracle for us! :) But know like you that miracles don't usually come on our time table :)

    ReplyDelete