background

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Seed Money for Maria

Ok, not my Maria....another Maria who is so very similar.  My friend Viviane is working hard to help this Maria out, read about it here.  This little girl is younger than my Maria by just a few years, but her situation sounds so hopeful.  She has spina bifida like my Maria.  Ok, I know the condition of spina bifida can be VERY scary when you first read about it.  I can tell you that there were things about my Maria's condition that scared me.  It was a HUGE step of faith...believing that it would work out, hoping and praying that I would have the skills and resources needed to manage the unknown.  Here is what I can tell you....parenting Maria has been a dream come true.  She has her moments and there are challenges, but she is such a happy kid.  She radiates joy (who knew I would choose such a fitting middle name for Maria Joy).  It is rare that a week goes by that someone isn't telling me what hope and happiness that Maria brings them.  That her strength and desire for independence reminds them of what they have to be thankful for.  What a blessing Maria is, I hope and pray that someone will want this other little Maria and be able to one day call her their daughter.  If you have questions about living with a child with spina bifida, please either leave a message or email me and I will answer your questions, maybe even do a Q and A post.

Now to go donate some seed money for Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment