background

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What can happen in 2 months

It has been over 2 months since I that day in June when I picked up a weeping Maria up from the orphanage.  Over 2 months since I saw a weeping tear streaked face of Zack as he saw his best friend leave without him, as he was forced to leave the only home and family he ever knew.  A lot can happen in 2 months.
Gotcha Day...slowly opening up after leaving the only home she knew and her best friend

Not really smiling...

First full day together

Day 3....that personality is coming out!

On the last flight home....look at that beaming smile!!

2nd full day home

Making cookies for the first time

At the zoo....I think I have about 20 of these up-close cheesy smile photos

Figuring out that the world is full of opportunities and possibilities
New accomplishments all the time!

Playing in the rain!

Trying new things

But all the while Zack has been on our minds and hearts.  Wondering how he is doing.  We know he is in basically a good place, but that it took a while for him to open up when he was visited by the foundation.  In 2 months this is  what has happened to Zack....
Zack a few years ago...smiling while going into a pool

Look at that smile!

Posing with Manuela

Just from this past March

Look at how happy he was

Zack from a few weeks ago...notice the stuffed animal.  That was a gift from Manuela to Zack from Maria.  Now he is keeping it with him.

So very hard to see this bright little boy this sad.

I wish you could see the spark in his eyes that I saw in December when I met him.
2 Months....not that long for Maria to accomplish and try so much.  For her to thrive in a family that loves her.  For her to realize the world is open to so many opportunities, that she will NOT be held back by her disability. 
2 Months....for Zack it has been very hard.  Missing his best friend, who was like a sister to him.  No longer having his caretakers there by his side to help him through his grief.  Being the new kid without a loving family to help him through each step.  My heart broke when I saw these pictures and heard that the NGO didn't send the first few videos because in them Zack was crying out for Maria....it was heartbreaking for all the adults involved and who are invested in this little boy.  Please help him find his forever family! 

I am waiting for that day when I can finally tell Maria the good news that Zack is wanted....a family is preparing for him and she will see him again!

6 comments:

  1. Can you tell me more about Zack? What state do you all live in?
    My email is parkerfam6@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible for you to adopt Zach? What kind of help would you need to make that happen? http://reecesrainbow.org/42439/zack already is raising funds, maybe whatever you need could be raised also? Of course, maybe its absolutely impossible, in which case I hope he finds a home near you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmen,
      I do hope to adopt again in the future, but it will not be for some time. It isn't fair to expect Zach to wait. I also only have a 2 bedroom home, which would meaning trying to sell it in this market, while still attempting to save money for an adoption. Also, I do care deeply for Zach and the relationship he has with Maria, but I do not feel that I have the right skills to also manage his needs along with Maria's needs.

      Delete
  3. This sweet boy had my heart the moment I saw his picture, before I even read his story. My heart is stirring & I am praying intensely for direction. Would you be willing to email me with any additional info you have? Thehunsickers@live.com. If I understand correctly Zack has only 6 weeks to be adopted? We have just started our process... But if it is His will, He will make the way!! He is a mountain moving, sea parting, impossible is nothing kind of Father!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Cassandra, This story is RIPPING my heart out. I read it on Adeye's blog and came here. I am going to pray for this little boy to find a family and be able to visit with Maria again. What HORRIBLE heartbreak. To lose the only family he has known and be transferred to an unfamiliar place all in one fell swoop!

      If it is His will for your family to become his family, I pray that all roadblocks will be moved and that you can swiftly get to your son.

      My heart is literally broken right now as I am wiping tears from my face.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been able to stop thinking about Zack all day. Copuld you pls. give details why he only has 6 weeks to be adopted - he is far younget than 16, what is the reason, can it be relaxed?

    ReplyDelete