background

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Completely humbled

So, a little over a week ago I was contacted by Adeye about Zack.  She had the pleasure of getting to meet him while in country meeting the children her family is adopting.  She was very moved by meeting Zack and wanted to write a post about him (you can read it here).  I waited in anticipation for her to post....I knew that EVERY child she has advocated for has found a family.  I had great hope that her post would bring Zack to many people's attention and help find him a family.

This morning as Maria and I were getting ready to leave for school and work, I got a text from a good friend recently home from the Ukraine, Kristen.  She had seen Adeye's post and wanted to make sure I knew.  I also had an email from Shelley telling me that the post was up.  Shortly after dropping Maria off at school, I got my first chance to read Adeye's blog post....she has such a way with words, it brought tears to my eyes.  She met Zack...she saw his tears first hand with her new friend Susan.  Knowing that their hearts were touched by Zack is wonderful because he now has two more mom's in his corner fighting for him.  As the day went on, I kept checking in on Zack's RR account....Slowly it started to grow...from $1300 to $3408 (in case you were wondering it has jumped since the last time I checked it out).  On top of that people are making inquires about Zack!  I am so humbled by how much Zack and Maria's story has touched people.  We are hoping and praying that his family finds him soon.  We would love it if this family was close to where we live, but even if they aren't we will do whatever we can to make sure Zack and Maria are reconnected again. 

I finally took some pictures of the pictures Maria's orphanage gave me....please forgive me if the quality isn't the best....I think you will see for yourself these 2 kids and the love they had for each other and that their caretakers did have for them too.
The youngest picture I have of Maria around 3 years old

A party at the doma...Maria and Zack

Look how little Zack looks....I would guess they are about 4-5 years old here.

Ok, I know Zack is barely in this picture....but look at that face!

The kids were taken to the Black Sea as a special treat.

Zack and Maria, right after Maria's last surgeries.

Not sure who's dress Maria is wear....obviously it doesn't fit right, but she does love being a princess....I'm reminded almost daily that she doesn't have a crown.  Zach and J are in the picture with her.

I do like this photo, it is just missing S....the four kids who were super close at the orphanage and all the same age.

Zack and Maria cuddling with a staff member

I'm pretty sure this was taken right after my first visit.

I know this would have been on the last day I visited b/c of what Maria is wearing.

They really were the little prince and princess of the orphanage

Love Zack's smile...he is sitting here with the amazing PT and Santa of course.

Yes, they did have some Christmas decorations out for the kids.

I'm not sure what Maria was doing in this picture....I'm sure she was on cloud 9 since I had just been visiting and she got her ultimate Christmas wish....a family.

Maria showing off the gift she got.

This was taken sometime between trips....the kids planted the little tree with Maria's English teacher.  We have stayed in contact with this English teacher....she is great and very kind.
I do have more pictures, but the camera died....I will obviously make copies of any pictures I have for Zack's forever family.  I know how precious those pictures are while in the process.  Thanks to everyone who has been touched by these two friends and is wanting to help Zack find his family. 

3 comments:

  1. We are in love with "Zack" and are seriously praying about God's will for us in this situation... could you email us at reyandliz@hotmail.com... We have more questions we'd love to ask you! :) :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that Zack & Maria are reunited and Zack finds his forever family soon!

    ReplyDelete