background

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Update on Zack

I have gotten a lot of questions about Zack.  Here is what I know....right now Shelley is getting lots of interest in him.  So far there have been 3-4 families who have shown a strong interest in him, but no one has been able to completely commit.  Which is completely understandable.  Adoption does cost a lot of money and coming up with the initial fees can take some time.  I do know one family is located about 3 hours away from where we are and then there is another family about 5 hours away, but in an area where we visit frequently. 

We are still praying that God moves mountains and that the right family is able to commit to Zack very soon.  I do know that overall Zack is in good health.  I do know that he is currently in need of a new wheelchair, which the foundation from Switzerland is working on making for him.  Someone from the foundation should be traveling to see him in a few weeks.  Hopefully I will get another update when that happens.  From what Maria has told me his favorite school subject is Math, he does not like milk, but does like chocolate.  He likes music, legos and cars.  Zack was very interested in hearing stories and seeing pictures of my cats while Maria was still at the orphanage.  Zack very much wants a family, so please keep praying for him and telling his story to others....his adoption account keeps growing and I know this will help his family bring him home.  I cannot wait for that day!

Also, there are other children at the same orphanage who are waiting children.  I know the foundation works with about 60-90 children in this city alone.  Not all are able to be adopted, but I do know the foundation wants the best for the children as does the agencies involved.  If you are interested in finding out about some of Maria and Zack's other friends please feel free to email me at socialkat78@yahoo.com

1 comment: