background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Crafting weekend

This weekend has been a nice change of pace.  I got to spend most of the weekend doing different crafts.  Yesterday my mom, 6 year old niece (Rhiannon aka Sass) and I went to Hobby Lobby for a craft supply run.  These always turn out way more expensive than they should.  Anyway, we went back to my parents' house and started on the first craft project.....double strand lace or ribbon headbands (thank you pinterest).  Rhiannon loved doing this and decided that these are "princess" headbands.  These are super easy to make and we ended up making 12.  2 for Rhiannon, 2 for M, 2 for my other niece Scarlett, 4 for my coordinator's girls and 2 for me. 
Rhiannon showing off the top view of her "princess" headband

Some of the headbands we made

Me modeling one of my headbands....my hair usually isn't that curly by the way.
Then today I made Easter treat bags for some special kids I know in the Chicago area and some in Indiana (again another idea from pinterest).  I must admit I'm not sure what I did before I had my Cricut....it just makes life so much easier.
I made 10 treat bags today

Filled with goodies....now just to get 2 boxes and get them sent off to the kids.

1 comment:

  1. headbands are your thing!

    keep styling :)

    Dora Beth

    ReplyDelete