background

Thursday, March 22, 2012

March ups and downs

I don't know about the rest of you, but it has just been beautiful here.  Warm temps in the 70's and even 80's....gentle spring rains and a few thunderstorms.  The grass is green and flowers are blooming.  I love the colors of spring and the different flowers that bloom this time of year.  It has been a beautiful March outside.  I know that my paperwork made it to the MOJ the beginning of the month and I continue to wait for word that a court date had been set.  I have continued to prepare for M and have even sent her pictures of her room to help her prepare.

This month has also been very difficult....

Waiting for news about the adoption process is HARD....almost painful at times.  Unfortunately I have also had other issues come up in my life....which is one of the reasons I have been more quiet.  Just over 2 weeks ago things turned upside down....my college friend sent me an message late one night...a message that didn't sound like her normal.  I was rather worried and in the back of my mind, I feared the worst....the next day that fear was confirmed, her cancer is back.  This time instead of being in her breast it is in her bones.  Not only that but the next day she was going into surgery to fix the 2 fractures in her spine that were caused by the cancer and putting her in extreme pain.  She made it through the surgery well, only to be told that her bones were softer than expected.  In the following days we also learned that the cancer is throughout her bones and will be a life long battle, no treatment will completely kill this cancer and the approach the doctors are taking just doesn't feel like enough.....Needless to say this was a big blow.  I know that that my friends will seek out the best help and course of treatment (alternative or traditional) they can find, but it is very scary and sad to think about a 33 year old wife/mom/friend being in the battle of her life.  It is heartbreaking realizing that her husband and son might have to live without her sooner than they should have to.  At the same time I am amazed at her positive approach to this, even though I know she is scared and worried about her little boy growing up without his mommy.  Currently she is undergoing radiation...which does help her feel better.  Please pray for my friend and her family....I want her to have many happy years and memories with her family and friends, but I know it isn't in my hands...I have no control over the situation.
Needless to say this has been a very hard month.........

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your friend and will send healing prayers her way and for her family too. Cancer is...ugh.. I can't even say any words as I lost my mom to lung cancer.

    The time is getting closer, and you'll be able to hug your little girl and love on her! Nothing I say will ease the agony of the wait, as we all go through our adoption journey but know that you have many of us who are there for you.

    ReplyDelete