background

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bleach Pen T-shirts

Hello, my name is Katherine and I'm addicted to Pinterest!

Latest thing I have tried from Pinterest is bleach pen t-shirts.  It is fairly easy to do.  So, here is what you need:
Colored T-shirt
Contact paper
Design (or free hand if you are a great artist)
Clorox bleach pen
paintbrush
and something to put between the T-shirt layers

Ok, so how I started was to find and cute a design and cut it out with my Cricut.  When looking at designs I tried to think of what parted I wanted to be bleached tried to have as few extra pieces of contact paper to place on the tee.  I then transferred the design onto contact paper and cut it out (the Cricut didn't seem to want to cut the contact paper well).  Once the design is cut out I placed the contact paper on the t-shirt and made sure that the edges were firmly down.  Then add the bleach and let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then wash the bleach out.
First attempt: learned that bleach looses it's power if it's too old...this didn't even fade the t-shirt at all!

2nd attempt: learned that this is way TOO much bleach!

Results of 2nd attempt....not perfect, but my niece liked it.

3rd attempt: used a paint brush to apply a light layer of the bleach pen to this tee, better results.

2 more tees for my niece...the "Once upon a Time" was a pain to cut out, but it turned out cute.

Tees I made for M....hopefully she will like them.

1 comment:

  1. M will LOVE them... they are made w' love :)

    But you may need to find a 12 step program if you keep this up ;)

    Dora Beth

    ReplyDelete