background

Monday, March 24, 2014

The day that still hasn't ended

Seriously this feels like the longest day and we have had some long days recently. Maria went in for the massive surgery this morning at 8am. I was told they had scheduled the OR for 13 1/2 hours, neuro would go first, then ortho and then plastics. My mom and I hung out, went out to eat, hung out some more and finally at 4pm were told that neuro was still in surgery and that Ortho had decided to wait on the surgery because it was what was best for Maria. The hours have continued to tick by....one after another. Eventually the surgery waiting area closed and we were sent down to PICU to wait. Time continued to tick....it ended up going by more quickly since I got to meet up with another mom of an SB kiddo. We chatted and finally got an update around 9:30 that neuro was done and plastics would be closing up the wound....another 2-3 hours. So, we are still waiting, hoping to see her sooner than later. Neuro said it was very complicated surgery, poor doctor looked so tired. We are tired too....just waiting for it to be over.

1 comment:

  1. I am just now catching up with Maria's health issues. And, I haven't been on FB much, so I didn't see anything there. Just wnt to let you know that I will be praying for your Sweet Girl and for you! It's tough being a Mama when your child is sick! Please, keep updating.
    Hugs ~ Jo Moseley

    ReplyDelete