background

Friday, March 14, 2014

Surgery #2

Well, I finally got the call yesterday. The next surgery is scheduled for March 24. Yup just a little over a week away. This is going to be a big one....3 different specialties will be in this surgery. At least 2 neurosurgeons (jury is still out on them...great skills and zero bedside manners for one of them), our fantastic Ortho and plastic surgery. I have a feeling there will be many interns watching this that can....Maria's case is pretty unique. It is going to be a long surgery....Ortho alone will most likely take 8 hours.

So I'm trying to get things wrapped up at work as much as I can and prepare for this. It is going to be a big change for my independent daughter. I have had people ask if this will help her walking...the answer is no, it will be more limited. She might not actually walk again after this surgery. I believe that she will walk, it will just look different than the way she walks now and most likely she will not have the stamina to do the amount of walking that she currently does. Only time will tell, in the mean time we wait for that date and prepare as much as we can.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there ladies..... praying and cheering you on! Good luck and let us know if we can help at all

    ReplyDelete