background

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Maria's new trick

This is the girl who shouldn't have feeling below her belly button
The girl who shouldn't have ever been able to walk
The girl who was loosing the ability to walk just a few years ago
Now able to stand unsupported for a few seconds....not long, but AMAZING!



I'm not sure how long Maria has been doing this.  I know she has been doing it at school since the classroom aide has noticed it too.  I witnessed it for the first time last week on Friday in the middle of the grocery store....all the sudden she picked her sticks up waist high and stood!  I was SHOCKED to say the least...and when I asked her about it Maria's reply was "Kid needs crutches."

I told our friend in Switzerland about Maria's new trick and had to video it to share with Manuela and Dr. Bruno.  Bruno and his wife saw it this afternoon (their night) and needless to say they were surprised and the fantastic doctor was quick to remind Maria she has to be careful.  And yes, he got a typical preteen whine with an eye roll :)  We have yet to hear Manuela or our friends in Bulgaria's response to Maria's new trick....I'm sure they will be just as surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment