background

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today

Alright, so I have been very upfront with everyone about not wanting a kid shower.  Ok, I know it might sound odd, but I really hate being the center of attention.  The thought of it totally stresses me out....I know silly.  So, today I as I was finishing up covering an IEP meeting with one of the special ed teachers I work with, my consultant Michelle comes in and sits down.  As we were finishing talking Michelle told me that I was wanted in the teacher lounge.  Well, you guess it....some of the teachers and associates I work with decided to throw me a small kid shower.  It was very nice of them and totally unexpected.  We ended up talking some and of course they wanted to know about M.  Most had to leave quickly because of after school activities, which was fine.  As Michelle and I were leaving the school she had to tell me what happened.  She said that the MS staff was looking all over for me and she let them know I was in a staffing in the HS (MS and HS are in the same building, each has their own hallway).  Well they finally told Michelle why they needed me.  Her response was "Katherine's going to be soooo mad."  I wasn't.....still don't want any more adoption/kid showers, wondering how many people are not going to listen to me on that one...
Items that I was given for M at the shower

2 comments:

  1. Cute shirt! How cool... Remember this is about Maria... and you just have to be a glowing new momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREE w' Yvonne :) (that it's a cute shirt and that it's about Maria... so this won't be the last thing you take for "your team"/fam...) That's what being a mom is all about :) ~ Dora Beth

    ReplyDelete