background

Saturday, January 21, 2012

1 month

It has been 1 month since I have seen M.  I remember 1 month ago squeezing 2 visit in on that last day in Stara Zagora.  The director coming in and sharing how happy he is for M and thankful that I am adopting her.  Saying goodbye and knowing it would be several months till I would be coming back.  Watching my girl walk up the steps after our last visit.  Knowing that she is well taken care of and loved by the people in her orphanage.  This made it so much easier to leave her there.  Knowing that I will be back and when I do we will be a family forever. 
I can't say that it has been an easy month away from her now that I have finally met her.  I have gotten to email her, but heard no reply.  I have worked on getting things together for her room and items that I hope she will love.  I have bought Barbies and found the perfect desk.  I have looked for pink items, even though a little can go a long way!  I have broken down and shopped in the store Justice and discovered it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I have fielded many questions about her and her medical needs.  Decided that open enrolling her into a different school district is truly the best choice.  I have had my times of crying looking at her sweet face and wondering when I will see it again.  I know that day will come....can't wait till it is here.  Until then I pray that she is healthy....that she knows that she is loved and will be patient until I can come back.  Love you M!

2 comments:

  1. LOL about Justice. Teen girl across the street from us LOVES that store and always shows off her Justice clothes to me. I'm not sure how I feel about them.

    Thinking of both of you while you wait,

    Viviane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this waiting is harder than the first part - hopefully everything will go smoothly for you and time will pass quickly. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete