background

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One of those moments....

Ever have one of those moments when you just want to shake your head in disbelief?  I had on today at work.  We had a big meeting, which was good.  I had pictures from my trip with me and a co-work, who is big into animal rights was looking through them.  She asked why I had a random picture of a dog.
I explained that there are lots of stray dogs just wondering around Bulgaria and how the dog packs in some towns have been known to attack and maul people.  The kids at the orphanage are even taught to be afraid of dogs.  She asked what they are going to do about all these poor animals.  Really?  I told her that I knew that there are some groups who are starting to fix the stray dogs, but this is also part of the country.  The country and many of the people there do not have the money to spend on their animals, they are focusing on providing for their families.   I love my animals as much as the next person, but I know that the 180 orphans at M's orphanage and the thousands of other orphans in Bulgaria are the important ones that should be taken care of. 

1 comment:

  1. Literally had this same conversation following our trip to Bulgaria. Still shaking my head.
    We are saying prayers for our dog though - our son has been taught not to fear the dogs, but to kick them. He and our dog will be the best of friends... Right? :)

    http://momentsdefined.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete