background

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Maria's friends left behind

It is hard to believe this day is finally here.  Today in Bulgaria, Maria's friends (referred to as J and S), traveled from Stara Zagora to Sofia to appear in court.  They are now part of an amazing family.  They are loved sons and brothers.  Waiting to be reunited with their friend/sister, waiting to hug their mom and dad, waiting to be embraced by their siblings.  
Today was a good day.  This week I have thought a lot about J and S, about their mom and about Z who decided to remain in Bulgaria.  I have also thought of the differences between my current adoption and adopting Maria.  Maria's adoption was hard in many ways....it was emotionally draining.  I was at a point where I just wanted to be a mom, just wanted her in my arms.  This time I'm busy being a mom.  I don't have as much time to focus on how hard the wait is or what isn't happening as timely as I want.  Currently I'm waiting for my last three documents to be apostilled and returned to me.  Then they will be sent to Little Sister's country to be translated and registered.  I'm hoping that I will have a referral in early January, but with adoption nothing is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment