background

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Paperwork

You know those movies, where the parents decide to adopt and magically they get the perfect baby in no time at all? Yeah, that isn't adoption, that is. Hollywood. Adoption is a lot of paperwork. Right now I'm in the process of beginning a new homestudy. For those who don't know a homestudy isn't scary. It is a social worker coming to your home, checking your finances, medical, past history....asking questions about your family, support system, parenting style, etc. It is a lot of information and very in depth. Part of this process is getting a basic physical and blood test, background checks and FBI finger prints.

I'm hoping this part of the paperwork will be done before the middle of September. I have our first appointment for the homestudy on Friday. I'm excited to get the paperwork started. The sooner I can get the homestudy in hand the sooner I can send in documents to the USCIS (that part can be a bit of a wait). My goal is to have my dossier for little sister in her country by the beginning of November. This momma is motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment