background

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer is ending

This summer has gone by fast.  I only have one more full day of summer vacation and then start back to work.  Honestly, I'm not quite ready to return.....I know, I have a lot of time off compared to others, but I do earn that time off.  I think one of the big reasons I'm not looking forward to next week is all the changes that are going to happen.  A few weeks ago I found out my regional director was leaving......we all kind of thought it might be a possibility, but it happened really quick.  So, now the agency has redrawn the regional lines and we have a new regional in charge of us.  I can say I have heard really good things about her, but now I have someone new to catch up on the whole international adoption process and what that might mean for this year.  We will also have a new school social worker starting, who it looks like I will be mentoring.  Believe it or not there is a lot of paper work that goes into our jobs and lots of laws and regulations that we have to know.  I can say I am looking forward to seeing my amazing co-workers....I honestly couldn't ask for a better group to work with.  I am also looking forward to checking in with the kids.  They are always so excited to be back at school and tell you everything :)

As for adoption news.....well I am waiting for my FBI fingerprints to come back for my homestudy.  Once I get my homestudy update it is USCIS time, again.  Will the paper work ever end?  It is also a quiet time with the MOJ, they are out on their summer break.  So, not a lot of adoption news.

1 comment: