background

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Catching up.....

I have officially been registered 1 year!  I knew going into adopting from Bulgaria that this would be a LONG wait.  To me this wait has gone by fairly quickly.  I'm not saying there haven't been times when I have wanted my child home, I just have known that it will happen when it is suppose to happen.  So, a year has gone by and I am closer to ever to getting my child :)  Hope there will be some news before the end of the year.

This past weekend I went to the Bulgarian Adoptee's Reunion.  It was such a wonderful time.  The children, adopted and siblings were wonderful all weekend long.  The kids just played and played....they didn't mind the heat at all.  It was over 100 degrees outside all weekend long!  It was great to meet families who have already been through the process and to hear their experiences.  I hope that next year I will be bringing my daughter to the reunion to meet the other kids.  I also got to meet my adoption coordinator Kay.  She is as amazing in real life as she is over the phone and email.  Her kids are pretty amazing too (my mom would have taken home her twin girls).  Great time, highly encourage other families in the process or have a little one home already to go next year.

I am in the process of updating my homestudy and USCIS paper work.  My homestudy social worker, Jan was just here today to go over changes to my homestudy.  She is a great social worker and I have really enjoyed getting to know her.  Funny enough she brought me a copy of the book The Connected Child.  I had just gotten the same book a few days before and have started reading it.  It is very interesting so far.  Hopefully it will help me with being able to assist with attachment once my little one is home. 

Still knitting, just don't have any new pics to post.  Hopefully I will have some to post soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment