background

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to work

Well, I'm officially back to work.  Considering all the changes that happened right before I came back to work, things are going fairly well so far.  I'm getting use to a new regional director and some new co-workers.  I was able to tell my new regional director about my upcoming adoption.  Happy to report she was very supportive and just requested that my core team know what is going on (which they already do). 
With going back to work there are lots of adoption related questions coming my way.  One co-worker who is also an adoptive mom, always asks me if I have any news for her.  Everyone is very respectful and kind when asking how the adoption is going and their questions rarely bother me.  Have I mentioned that I have the BEST co-workers ever?  Well, I do.  I also work with some of the BEST school staff and teachers.  I did get to see one of my pre-school teachers today....she of course asked what was going on with the adoption.  When I told her I was still waiting.  She said she was amazed at how calm I am and how the wait seems like no big deal to me.  To be honest, from the beginning I have said that this adoption is in God's hands, this has become more apparent over the last few months.  I can say that like all waiting parents I have my bad days.  There are days when you just want your arms full of your child.  There are days when you just ache seeing other moms with their children, because you want that too.  This is just how it is.  I can say that God has given me a patience with this adoption that I never thought I would have (I think my patience has even surprised some of my friends).  I rarely have bad days and just have this peace that things will work out the way that they are suppose to.  Hopefully, this school year will bring many wonderful things, including my daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment