background

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A year

I can't believe it has been a year since I did a blog post.  Life got busy.  Life got hard.....really hard.  Since last March:
Maria has been home 4 years (it will be 5 years in June)
Maria finished middle school
Maria got her permit to drive
We made many trips to Chicago for track events
Maria got to race against other wheelchair users (a first, although not easy situation)
Maria went to wheelchair basketball camp and loved it (I cried leaving her there)
We visited our friends in Ohio and Maria reunited with more friends from her orphanage
We went to see a drive in movie (Finding Dory)
Ella is potty trained (except at night)
Ella has been home one year
Ella turned 4!
Maria started high school!
Ella started a new daycare/preschool
Maria ended up in the hospital and missed homecoming (thankfully no surgeries)
Ella had to stay with my friends and now is in love with my friend's husband
My mom moved into her new duplex with my grandparents next door
Ella went trick or treating as a minion and loved it
My mom, brother and I got to be with my dad when he passed away on Election Day
Organizing a funeral isn't fun at all
Being excutor of an estate isn't fun either
Surprise sweet 16 birthday party for Maria
Maria began basketball with her school team (practice at least)
We celebrated Christmas with family....it was hard without my dad
I got in a car accident and totaled my car (not fun at all)
Got a new used car 
Maria started track
Maria had her driver's evaluation and got to drive (planning on drivers ed this summer)
Looking for a bigger house 
Ella is learning so much at daycare/preschool
We went on spring break in St. Louis
That has pretty much been our year.....lots has happened that I have forgotten I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment