background

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Wrapping up the month

This month has flown by. It seems harder and harder to blog at times. Our week days are filled with school and work....only to come home to homework, a little down time, dinner and our nightly routine. Happily I can say Maria is doing well with school. Things continue to click for her the longer she is here. She is also doing wonderful with her PT. She is walking still with help, but doing most of the work on her own. She is also doing some good transfers with no help at home. I am anxious for the day when she doesn't need my assistance for things and is able to be back to where she once was. It is coming....at times it feels really slow, but I know that it takes a long time to build back muscles.

We had the Walk n Roll for Spina Bifida last weekend. It is always a great time to see friends from all over the state. Hang out, talk, have fun and just support each other. We also had to make a quick stop at our homestudy social worker's home. She accidently sent me the homestudy without the signature first. So, we got that worked out. Yes, we have our homestudy for little sister finished! I mailed it off with the USCIS form this past week. Hopefully by the first week in November we will be assigned an officer and I will have a date to get my biometrics done (I will end up doing a walkin early to get them done sooner). I have the rest of the dossier ready to be notarized and apostolized ASAP. I'm hoping to get this done and sent to little sister's country soon so it can be translated while I wait for the USCIS approval. Hopefully by doing this I will be able to get my dossier registered sooner and get travel dates for January. Since there will be two trips for little sister's country, it is important to get trip one in sometime before the end of January, so I can hopefully be bringing her home in June.

Other than that we still have several raffle spaces open for the American Girl doll. Would love for her to make a little girl's Christmas very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment