background

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Names

The conversations at home the last couple of weeks have been about names....specifically little sister's name. With Maria's name I just knew she would want to keep her first name. I just came up with a new middle name for her. With little sister, her birth name is not uncommon here....which is nice, but it is not a name I prefer. I have had two names picked out for years (before I decided to adopt Maria). Maria and I have talked about these names....added other names to the pool....asked friends, asked FB (wow, some interesting suggestions there). In the end I kept coming back to the two names I originally picked out. Over the weekend I was planning to talk with my mom about names. It was quite funny she just looked at me before I said anything and said "I'm calling little sister _____. You can change it later if you want." Funny enough it is the name I have been leaning towards for weeks. So, little sister has a name.

1 comment: