background

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Memories...

This week is full of sweet memories for me. It was two years ago today that my friend and I boarded the first plane heading towards Bulgaria to meet Maria. I drove 5 1/2 hours to Ohare that day, in snow (if you have ever drove 90 in snow, you completely understand this is not the best choice). We boarded our flight to Munich Germany. I can remember being so excited and nervous sleep was not going to come....so, it was a night full of movies. My sweet friend stayed up with me when she could have slept...watching the same movies I was so we were doing everything together. We finally landed in Munich on the 18th and later that day arrived in Sofia. It was a long flight and I just remember being so very tired....seems like so long ago at times. So thankful for an amazing friend who went on the journey with me...not sure what I would have done without you, Dora Beth!

1 comment:

  1. It was SO MY pleasure!!! I was HONORED you had me come w' you!!! (And glad I didn't faux pa too much... I was SO excited for you!!!) ~ Dora Beth

    ReplyDelete