background

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Aaaaarg!

Some things just make me mad....madder than mad.

Tonight I was getting to chat with some adults who participate in wheelchair basketball. One was recently a contestant in Miss Wheelchair America in Texas. She mentioned that 2 contestants ended up getting hurt....one fell off the stage when she got too close to the edge, but was fine. The other was on an elevator...in the elevator was a teenager who didn't feel "cripples" should be allowed to use the elevator. This teen kicked the other contestant in the stomach, she was hurt, I don't know how badly. This is abuse! So, why haven't you heard about it? The victim didn't report the abuse for some reason.....I don't know the reason why she didn't....I'm not going to judge her for making that choice. But I do feel what happened to her should be known...this type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated. This teen should be held responsible for such a vicious act. Parents please teach your children compassion and how to be a decent human being!

1 comment:

  1. Makes my blood boil. Little turd is lucky I wasn't there. I'd have given him a good kick of his own...

    ReplyDelete