background

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weekend

Well, it has been a full weekend!  We decided to drive out to the Omaha area this weekend.  We left Friday after school/work and ended up staying in Council Bluffs.  By the time we got there Friday it was late enough to quick take showers, watch a little tv and go to bed.

Saturday was a wonderful day....it started by waking up to Maria saying "Happy Birthday Mom!"  Yup, I'm a year older.  We got ready and had breakfast at the hotel.  Afterward we decided to use the swimming pool.  I knew Maria had been exposed to swimming pools and the Black Sea, but figured she was never taught to swim.  I was right!  She pretty much hung onto the side of the pool or me...with the one exception that while I was showing her how to swim (while she was suppose to be holding onto the side of the pool), I turned around to see her floating face down....small pool thankfully and I got her really quick.  No issues at all other than aging me quite a bit in the process!  She spite out a little water and was fine...no tears or anything.  I have decided that I need to find someone with more experience to teach her how to swim!  After that incident we went out to lunch and went to Charming Charlie.  Yeah, Maria loved Charming Charlie....what girl wouldn't?  We went back to the hotel and worked on our posters to welcome Andrei home.  Andrei is a boy who just came home from Bulgaria.  His family lives near Omaha, so we wanted to help welcome them home.  After our signs were made we had a nice dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then off to the airport.  Yeah, took a while to find the right airport, but we were in time and got to meet and welcome home Lynda, Doug and Andrei.  Wonderful family!  Can't wait to spend more time with them at the reunion this summer.

Today was spent driving home and doing some things to get ready for this week. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for welcoming us home!! Sorry I didn't talk to you much but definitely will at the reunion in June! Looking forward to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice weekend! (Minus the pool scare - GLAD everything ok - that you know have reason to look into swimming lessons - so many things Moms try to stay on top of- I need to call for my 2 Jan. b-day yearly appointments today - called last month but doc on vacation for a couple of weeks and I forgot about it till yesterday...) ~ Dora Beth

    ReplyDelete