background

Monday, February 20, 2012

61 Days

It has been 61 days since I have seen M.  It isn't easy at all knowing she is half a world away and waiting for me to come back for her.  A lot of trust for a little girl who has only known rejection by parental figures.  The orphanage director has allowed me to send M emails and cards since my visit.  It has been wonderful to send an email out to her letting her know how much I am thinking about her, the progress being made on her room, and the excitement that everyone is feeling while waiting for her to come home.  It has been hard not knowing if she has gotten the emails or knows what is going on. 

Today I opened my email and received a wonderful surprise....an email from M!  Up until now, I had not heard anything from her, the director or the Bulgarian agency about how she was doing.  So, I know you want to know what the email said.  She is doing fine....behaving well and working on her English.  She and her friend Z did get the package I sent last month and liked the t-shirts and stickers I sent to them.  She is also ready for me to come back and get her.  The director also added a line to say that M is doing great and waiting for me to come and get her.  I was so happy and touched to have the few lines from M and know she is well.  I almost cried!  I know how special it is to get any communication from or about your child between trips....I feel so lucky that I was given this gift and I truly appreciate M's director taking time to allow us this communication.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news. I cried every time we received an update (usually photos, video, new measurements and a few sentences abut how he was doing) on Rex over the 16 month period it took us to bring him home.

    Here's hoping that you will be reunited with M. soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you kept from crying... I'm crying now over your joy, and wait, and all the other emotions we expecting parents feel... May we hold onto God during the ups and downs of adoption! ~ Dora Beth

    P.S. Bible Study this AM talked about remembering to Thank God, something we all forget to do often. So THANK YOU God for this e-mail blessing for my friend!

    ReplyDelete