background

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ever have that feeling that things are just coming full circle?  I feel that way tonight.  Travel date is almost here and things are falling into place.  Tonight I got a call from a very good friend, Andrea, in fact she is the one who I called this summer when I was in the process of deciding about M.  The other friend who helped me back in June (feels like so long ago) is my traveling buddy, Dora Beth.  It was wonderful to talk with her.  She was very touched by a special package her kids got from their Iowa grandma (my mom).  She lost her mom over 5 years ago....she misses her so much and misses the grandma her kids don't have.  She shared this with me and I told my mom that I knew some kids who needed an adopted grandma.  Mom quickly came up with ideas for the 4 kids and got the package together and off to them.  Our conversation ended with a heart felt prayer for the trip, Dora Beth, M and myself.  After getting off the phone I realized what amazing friends I have...in many ways they are the sisters I never had.  I know that they will be wonderful aunties to M when she finally comes home. 

For those of you who are just starting your adoption journey or just reading for fun....I can honestly say that in many ways the friends I have met through this adoption journey in many ways feel like family too.  We have shared some of the same joys and heartbreaks.  We have waited and waited and waited.  We have emailed and shared frustrations and understood each others feelings, concerns and celebrated as progress was made.  I finally got to meet many of these friends over the summer at the Bulgarian Adoptee's Reunion.  I can't wait to go again this summer with M.  I hope and pray that she will enjoy it as much as I did.  By the way I have been celebrating that one of my first adoption friends, Rose, is finally united with her long waited for daughter.  Congrats to the new family, I can't wait for D and M to meet!
 
Things are finally going to happen.  I can honestly say I'm excited, nervous, and anxious all at the same time.  I'm about to turn M and my worlds upside down.  I know that it will be hard at times.  I know I will make mistakes.  I might even miss my days of being single .  But I also know this is what is suppose to happen.  I can't wait till I finally get to meet my girl...it has been a long hard process, but worth every tear shed, every doc that needed to be notarized and apostilized, and worth every day I have waited.  I hope and pray this feeling of peace stays with me throughout the trip!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I met you too! Have a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K - Safe travels and a wonderful time with M. I hope you will both steal each other's hearts.

    ReplyDelete