background

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Bulgarian meatballs

A few weeks ago when we were at the hospital for Maria's appointments we went to a Greek/Mediterranean place for lunch. Maria had a lamb gyro and loved it! Claiming it tasted like Bulgarian meatballs (which really aren't in the shape of balls). I mentioned it to my mom that Maria liked lamb. Well, my dad took a hold of that information and went out seeking for some lamb meat for his granddaughter (anyone want to guess who has grandpa wrapped around her little finger?). Well, my dad located some lamb and he and mom made some plans to make some Bulgarian meatballs today. I found some recipes (we ended up using one from a Bulgarian cook book I have, with a few modifications). When Maria found out yesterday what grandma was going to try making for her she was ecstatic and cheerfully exclaimed "Good Grandma!" Today Maria helped my mom with making the Bulgarian treat and exclaimed it tasted as good as the Bulgarian ones!

So, here is how to make them:

1 lb ground beef and 1 lb ground lamb mixed

1 onion (finely chopped or grated)

1t salt

1t pepper

1t garlic powder (you could use fresh garlic if you have it)

2t cumin

3/4 cup dried parsley (you could use fresh)

Make into patties and grill

No comments:

Post a Comment