background

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Maria decided she wanted to be a princess for Halloween...not a big surprise.  We talked about princesses and she settled on being Snow White.  So, being who I am, we got the pattern and fabric and last weekend started sewing away on a Snow White dress.
This is from Sunday when I still needed to hem the dress and do some final finishing work.  I think I did a pretty decent job on the costume (my mom did help by sewing the red on the sleeves for me). 

So, tonight we met up with friends and went to Trunk or Treats at two different churches and then had dinner at Sonic.  We also went Trick or Treating at 2 of our neighbor's homes...both felt the need to give Maria too much candy!
She didn't want to wear the white collar tonight and only wore the cape for a short time.

She loved having makeup on...
We had a really fun night, even got homework done and to be on time.  My mom asked if Maria had fun...I had to tell her, of course....when else does a kid get to dress up like a princess, put on makeup, be the center of attention and get free candy?

I also wanted to let people know I have talked with the family who is adopting Zack.  They seem very nice and have lots of great questions about him and his needs.  They have their homestudy done too.  The mom and I talked for almost 3 hours over the weekend.  It was great to get a chance to learn more about their family.  I think Zack will do great there.

2 comments:

  1. Too much candy seems to be common... GLAD the night went well! And that Zack's family seems cool!!! ~ Dora Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep coming back to your blog hoping for more "Zack news". Thanks for that tidbit... and Maria is looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete