background

Monday, May 28, 2012

Gifts

I know I have mentioned to my friends and family how well cared for Maria is at her orphanage.  I had no concerns about leaving in December because I saw the care and love they have for her.  I knew she would be well taken care of during the long wait between trips.  I know that the orphanage staff has been her family....the ones who have taken care of her when she was ill, celebrated birthdays and holidays with.  They have seen the major milestones in her life thus far.  I'm sure that on the day that I go to bring Maria home...there will be many emotions for all of us.  I have no doubt it will be bitter sweet for them...happy that she finally has her own family and sad that she will no longer be with them.  I have been wanting a way to honor the special role that they have had.  So, this week I asked my FB friends for ideas (usually I'm creative with things like this, but with all the ups and downs, I feel a little burned out).  My friend Kristen suggested I look for necklaces on etsy.com  I started to look and found a store that makes glass tile necklaces and key chains (liked this since Maria's director is a man and I just don't see him wearing a necklace).  You get to choose the design, words, font, colors, etc.  The tiles are 7/8 of an inch (in case you were wondering).  She also will give discounts for larger orders!  We have been emailing back and forth to make sure that the design is perfect.  At first she asked if I wanted such personal words.  When I explained about Maria and the staff's relationship, she agreed I had the perfect words.  She is also an adoptive mom and completely has understood what I wanted.  So, if you would like to check out her store you can do so here.  Here are the two designs (similar) in Maria's favorite colors.


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Awesome! What a great gift. They will be so proud to have one of these unique and special gifts. You have had a long journey since December. You will have her in your arms forever soon.

    ReplyDelete