background

Friday, October 7, 2011

A Big Step Forward

Another adoptive parent suggested that I get in touch with one of my congressmen about the whole fingerprint issue.  Well, I happen to have a former co-worker who has a friend who works for Senator Harkin.  I was able to get a hold of this contact on 9/23....later that same day I found out what got messed up....I forgot and sent in a personal check with my fingerprints instead of a money order.  I know a rookie mistake.  Well, the following Monday the senator's office called again and let me know how I could fix the problem and get the results quicker than waiting 6-8 weeks for the second set.  Well, long story short I had my FBI fingerprint results in my hand Saturday morning!  Today I drove to Burlington and picked up my homestudy.....it will be FedEx off to USCIS tomorrow morning.  I also was able to get my medical letter updated.  So, hopefully these won't expire prior to court.

I have also been working on a small scrapbook to take over for M on the first trip.  I expect that I will travel sometime in December, but I hope it will be November.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I am so proud of you for leveraging this resource. So many times, adoptive parents don't want to be a bother to anyone, so they just suck up all the waits and mistakes. I wish we'd made a few calls when we had stuff we wanted to expedite... maybe our girl would already be home if we had!
    Congrats on the forward momentum!!

    ReplyDelete