background

Monday, June 6, 2011

Catching up

Wow, the last couple weeks have gone by too quickly.  I am officially on summer break starting today.  Couldn't have come at a better time.  Although I do have two days of work this week that are for TQ (teacher quality...which is funny since I'm not a teacher).  So, today I am hanging out a home.  I have some tree service men working on the BIG oak tree in my front yard.  I must say this tree is a pain.  Not only do the squirrels love to stuff acorns down my gutters and clog them off, the tree looses branches like no other.  So, here is the "branch" it lost last August.....


This is my mom, who decided she needed a break and wanted to show how big the branch was.

Here is the branch that decided to break last week....it didn't fall straight down, but was leaning against the trunk of the tree.....scary I know!


So, the men from the tree service are getting rid of the branch and about 2000 pounds of other branches to help the tree.  They are also going to seal/treat the areas were the branches have broken off.  I was actually afraid that I would have to have the tree removed.

Other news....well I do have a new furry addition to my household. 

This is Libby.  She is about 7 weeks old and is VERY ornery!  She is fitting in pretty well, but did find out that she has ear mites and worms, so she is getting treated for both of those things....neither are uncommon in kittens.  The older cats are accepting her really well and putting up with a lot....she likes to attack their tails. 

I am also still knitting....I am planning on working on a specific skill called Intarsia this summer.  Intarsia is where you have a pattern in a different color in the piece of knitting.  I'm not great at this technique and have a few super cute pattern that includes it.  My plan is to get a boy and girl sweater done using this technique and then have a drawing for them on this blog.  I would like to have the drawing prior to September, but it will depend on how much time I have to knit.  So, stay tuned if you are interested in a sweater for your little one.  Here are a couple of pics of socks I have recently finished.

1 comment:

  1. Katherine,

    You are coming to the reunion in Ohio, right? Could you contact me at viviane8 @ yahoo.com, please? Yvonne and I might need your help with a specific activity which I will explain once I hear from you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete