background

Friday, May 6, 2011

While I wait.....

Well, since my last post things have been less dramatic.  Which is great!  I had an nice uneventful spring break and now only have 4 weeks left of work until summer break.  Yes, I am super lucky to have a teacher's schedule and have most of my summer off.  As for what I did over spring break....I saw 2 movies (Soul Surfer and Rio).  I loved Soul Surfer (made me miss Hawaii)......very inspirational movie based on a girl named Bethany Hamilton.  She lost her arm while surfing when she was 13!  She was back in the ocean surfing again less than a month later and now is a pro surfer.  Rio was totally cute and my nephew and niece loved it.  The rest of the time I hung out at home because my basement floor was getting tiled.

Now I will say, tile is a little cold on the feet, so I need to get a rug...but doesn't it look awesome!  I am pretty excited that it is done and there will be a nice open space for a little one to play in. 

I also have been knitting.  Here are a couple projects recently finished.
This is a little sweater I made for a friend/co-worker's little boy. 

Some up close views of the cable pattern all over the sweater (trust me it took a lot of time to get this one done).

Some fun knee high socks for my good friend Cole.  These were actually a lot easier to make than they look.  I finished the last sock the day after the picture was taken.  Right now I am working on a pair of socks for a co-worker who is retiring.  She is amazing and has taught me so much about Autism Spectrum Disorder.  I am really going to miss her next school year.

1 comment: