background

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!  This year my family decided that we wanted to bless friends who have been a blessing to us throughout the year.  So, we (my mom takes charge in the kitchen) made home made dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls for our friends.  I helped by making cards for our friends.  We delivered the bread last night and today.  Our friends were very thankful for a special treat.  Did I mention my mom makes bread the "old fashion" way.....she is the breadmaker, the only machine she uses is the oven.  It was really a wonderful feeling to give to others this year.

Things I am thankful for this year are.....I am so thankful for my family and friends.  I am thankful for a wonderful job and co-workers.  I am thankful for my adoption agency and the new friends I have made who are in the process of adoption.  I am thankful for my country and the many men and women who are serving in our armed forces, I pray that they can all be home soon with their families.  I am thankful for the MOJ and many people who work in Bulgaria to ensure that the orphans are taken care of and are able to be united with forever families.  I am most thankful for my Heavenly Father who is forever there for me to lean on and the answer to prayers.  I pray that this holiday season is one that we can focus on the true meaning of Christmas and blessing those around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment