background

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

3 Months registered!

Woo Hoo....OK I realize it really isn't that big of an accomplishment right now, but I have to celebrate the small moments.  I'm just happy I finally figured out how to put the gadgets on this blog (it was giving me a headache).  So, I am another month closer to bringing my little girl home :)

I wanted to share another part of my story with you.  This part is more about my family...specifically my great aunt Evelyn.  Aunt Evelyn was an amazing woman. She was the glue that kept us all together and said what needed to be said.  She was born with a genetic disorder that prevented her body from breaking down a specific protein the correct way.  As a result she had horrible arthritis and even hip replacements in her 40's.  It also prevented her from being able to have children.  Aunt Evelyn always trusted that God would make things happen.  And one day, out of the blue a local lawyer called her and asked if she and uncle Guy would be interested in adopting a baby.  The lawyer had a woman in his office who was looking for a family to place her unborn baby with.  Aunt Evelyn said yes and became a mom.  Her little boy is now a man with a wife and child of his own.  She had many struggles in her life, but was always so positive.  She is a big inspiration to me.  Almost 5 years ago Aunt Evelyn left us to go home with God.  We all still miss her smile and jokes.  Love you Aunt Evelyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment