background

Monday, May 26, 2014

Physical Therapy

Maria started PT this past week. She has so far has two sessions and plenty of exercises to do at home. She is finding it easier to sit unassisted and without support. She is practicing this even in her chair throughout the day. She has said several times that her back feels less heavy than it did. She is lifting up her left leg, not a lot yet, but she is getting there. PT even helped her to stand 3 times on Friday with support! I wish I could have been there to see it, but I was at work. She is making great strides. I'm thrilled that I also have been able to relieve her sore muscles with some amazing essential oils that I found a few months ago. We are using Young Living Deep relief roll-on and Ortho Sport Massage oil on her muscles. She has said that it is helping take the soreness away. I love that we have found something that works well and is good for her.

Other than that the school year is winding down. I am in need of a break and to be able to focus on Maria and trying to sell the house. We are also excited about grandma and grandpa's cat who is going to have kittens at the end of June. So far we have 4 people interested in kittens, but we are afraid that she is going to have 6-8 at the rate she is growing! In a week she gained 1 1/2 inches around! Maria is thrilled and just wants to hug the kittens.

We had a fairly quiet weekend. Maria is all about going and doing things these days. She went to the store several times this week. Although she is having to build up her endurance again. I know she will get it back before I realize it. We also worked on a craft project together and helped grandma make ice cream. I swear she would do anything for ice cream!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment